cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I had a Samsung phone which gave me 48 extra GB. It's expiring now, why should I pay?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I had a Samsung phone which gave me 48 extra GB.

Now the offer is expiring and I keep getting reminded to upgrade.

I deleted everything over the free 2GB limit.

Why should I pay for more extra space when I can get 5 free GB with OneDrive or 15GB with Google?

Are you planning to increase your free space limit to remain competitive with others?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: why should I pay?

Super User II
Super User II

PascalDuc wrote:
Why should I pay for more extra space when I can get 5 free GB with OneDrive or 15GB with Google?

Because Dropbox works so much better than either of those (or any other storage/sync solution I've used). I have about 54GB of files on Dropbox and I have 56GB of free storage, yet I still pay for Pro so I get some additional features (password/expiring links, etc.) and faster Support when I need it.

Are you planning to increase your free space limit to remain competitive with others?

They probably aren't, nor have they needed to really. They continue to increase their user base with the 2GB offering, so what is their incentive to increase it? Even if they were planning on it, it wouldn't be known until it was announced (Dropbox typically does not release information about upcoming features or time lines).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: why should I pay?

Super User II
Super User II

PascalDuc wrote:

Because Dropbox works so much better than either of those (or any other storage/sync solution I've used). I have about 54GB of files on Dropbox and I have 56GB of free storage, yet I still pay for Pro so I get some additional features (password/expiring links, etc.) and faster Support when I need it.

They probably aren't, nor have they needed to really. They continue to increase their user base with the 2GB offering, so what is their incentive to increase it? Even if they were planning on it, it wouldn't be known until it was announced (Dropbox typically does not release information about upcoming features or time lines).

View solution in original post

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?