cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a billing inquiry about an unauthorized charge. Any ideas?

Highlighted

I have a billing inquiry about an unauthorized charge. Any ideas?

New member | Level 2

It looks like there seems to be an ongoing issue with unauthorized billings, then you can never get in touch with anyone at the company, this is shady at best, and fraudulent at worst. I contacted Paypal and they dont seem to want to help reversing the charge either. 

This is extreamly bad business on any level, I guess we should all start posting to our social media account exactly what is happening to the users trying to use their product, and I am sure, like myself, found out their product is extreamly limited, even in the business offering to a total maximum down load per day, and over half the people I shared the links for the files with, could not even login to view the files. I never signed up for the services past the free trial and they knew of the issues we were having and the only way to make what we required to do, was host a seperate website with all the information, problem solved. Then these guys put through a billing 2 months after I discontinued using their site. I will be lodging complaints all over so this doesnt happen to others and get caught blindsided by DropBox's choice of doing shady business.

Extreamly unhappy user.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I have a billing inquiry about an unauthorized charge. Any ideas?

Super User II

@dwannop wrote:

It looks like there seems to be an ongoing issue with unauthorized billings

Dropbox cannot charge you unless you've provided billing information, at which point you've authorized the charge that you've signed up for.

then you can never get in touch with anyone at the company

You can contact Support by opening a ticket.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus, Professional and Business users getting priority (longer for Basic users). If you have a Business account that includes chat and/or phone support, those options are available in your Admin console by clicking Help.

I never signed up for the services past the free trial

And this is where the confusion usually comes from. By signing up for the trial, you're agreeing to be charged for a subscription if you do not cancel the trial before it ends. This is stated during the signup process for the trial. If you don't cancel the trial prior to it ending, the payment method you've entered is charged and your account is converted to a regular account.

Any account or billing related matters need to be handled by Support as only they will have access to your account. You should open a ticket using the links provided above.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Super User II

@dwannop wrote:

It looks like there seems to be an ongoing issue with unauthorized billings

Dropbox cannot charge you unless you've provided billing information, at which point you've authorized the charge that you've signed up for.

then you can never get in touch with anyone at the company

You can contact Support by opening a ticket.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus, Professional and Business users getting priority (longer for Basic users). If you have a Business account that includes chat and/or phone support, those options are available in your Admin console by clicking Help.

I never signed up for the services past the free trial

And this is where the confusion usually comes from. By signing up for the trial, you're agreeing to be charged for a subscription if you do not cancel the trial before it ends. This is stated during the signup process for the trial. If you don't cancel the trial prior to it ending, the payment method you've entered is charged and your account is converted to a regular account.

Any account or billing related matters need to be handled by Support as only they will have access to your account. You should open a ticket using the links provided above.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I would like to know how / were my Paypal account information is located, i sure couldnt find it under any heading I looked under in my account information? Is this so people canty deleet there acounts? or are you getting it from elseware?

Highlighted

Super User II

@dwannop wrote:

I would like to know how / were my Paypal account information is located

Billing information is located on the Billing page of your account settings.

Is this so people canty deleet there acounts?

Anyone can easily cancel their subscription and/or delete their account. Note that you need to cancel any paid subscription before you can delete your account.

or are you getting it from elseware?

You would have provided any payment information when you signed up for the trial.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?