cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have a billing inquiry as I was over charged. Can you help?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I was charged $1000 by dropbox for my basic account!

I have contacted dropbox (but they only have this stupid helpcenter email, nophone numbers) and have not heard from them!

I will be filing a fraud claim ASAP.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: billing overcharge

Super User II
Super User II

www.dropbox.com/support to log a ticket 

http://dropbox.zendesk.com to track

If you are a business customer you can get your Team Admin to give you a phone number to ring with the PIN number. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

Did you try the DfB plan?  Maybe you've been scammed. Contact your credit card company...

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hey  I need to  speak to a human

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

www.dropbox.com/support to log a ticket 

http://dropbox.zendesk.com to track

If you are a business customer you can get your Team Admin to give you a phone number to ring with the PIN number. 

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

Cathlee, nobody here but us robots.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

The same happened to me. I have been charged 738 Euros for just Basic account and when i login into my dropbox account, it shows that i dont have any subscriptions.

I have raised several tickets through www.dropbox.com/support, but i dont get any responce. This is definitely fraud.

Can anybody help me here.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

If you think its fraud you need to be speaking to your credit card company - as ultimately somebody has skimmed your card. 

Alternatively, and more likely, you've tried Dropbox for business on a different account and not cancelled in time. 

Deepening upon how long you've left for a reply you are possibly causing a delay in replying yourself. Use ZenDesk to track your ticket and close all but 1.

- - -

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi Mark Mc,

I think its a fraud when you overcharge someone and dont have a proper system to answer the queries. And by overcharge, i mean a transaction of 738 EUROS. I can see in my Paypal account that the charges are being made by Dropbox Ireland.

Regarding your point about business account, no i dont have a business account. I have checked all my email accounts and i have not registered for Business account. I also dont have any email communication from dropbox, regarding the transaction.

The first thing that i did was raise a request, but there was not response for more that 24 hours. Also, there is no contact number, where we can call and get our queries answered.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

It cannot be fraud when you have HAD TO HAVE given them your card / PayPal details to charge it - otherwise how do they have your details?! The charge you see is a Dropbox Business trial. Its easily explained. 

If you havent then, as I said, you need to contact local police and your card company as you are a victim of identify fraud which has nothing to do with Dropbox. 

Phone support will be available on the upgraded account within the admin panel. 

- - -

Highlighted

Business Trial amidst Covid19 era. Dropbox Refuse to Refund my $900. Re: billing overcharge

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have been a Dropbox customer for more than 10 years. I paid $99 per year for an upgraded account. I recently decided to upgrade to a business plan for my employees for my company Modelworkdirect .  The trial was going well until the covid 19 took a turn for the worst.  I lost track of time and suddenly received a bill for $900 from my bank.  I contacted Dropbox Support and they refused to refund  the $900 business account even after cancelling my account  As a result of this issue, I no longer want anything to do with Dropbox. Imagine all the business owners that feel this way. This is going to be bad for the Dropbox brand.  If I stick with my $100 account, it would take 9 years to consume the $900. 

I'm no rocket scientist, but this is very scammy business practice in my book. (Ticket 10544264)    Regards, Herman Bongco. Senior Partner. Modelworks Direct. 

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?