Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have a question about the HP 25 GB promotion. Can you help?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

In December I got a HP Envy and when I was setting up it gave me the promotion for free 25gb. Recently I deleted the app on the computer with the free 25gb because I thought I didnt need it. Now I'm trying to use dropbox to upload some files and I need that free 25gb how can I get it again?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: 25 GB Free HP Envy

Super User II
Super User II
I am afraid to say you will need to reinstall it from the installation media... this may mean you need to reset your machine back to factory settings if that doesnt work.

This is because you can only claim the space with the version that came with the machine - no other version will work.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
I am afraid to say you will need to reinstall it from the installation media... this may mean you need to reset your machine back to factory settings if that doesnt work.

This is because you can only claim the space with the version that came with the machine - no other version will work.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @MetalFox, welcome to our community! 

If for any reason you aren’t able to take advantage of the 25GB offer, keep in mind that you can earn some extra space for your account for free, by referring friends to Dropbox. Up to 16GB for basic accounts, and up to 32GB for Plus and Professional accounts! Take a look here http://bit.ly/2oTEoKY for more

Have a great weekend! 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?