cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an unauthorized charge and I need a refund. What can I do?

Cancelled account fee

Yelizbasaran
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am Yeliz, a dropbox user from Turkey. First of all thank you for your useful application. However, this is very expensive for me but i used dropbox for my some documents sent from USA. I started free trial on 14 october and forget to cancel it until 15 november and you billed approximately 950 turkish lira. When i realized it I immediately cancel my plan and delete my account. I am very upset that I have to pay this amount. Can you help me what to do about my billing?

Thank you from now.

Unauthorized payment

Mrfreezer
New member | Level 2
Hi there.. I dont have account on dropbox. But I have unauthorized payment of 119.88 euro from dropbox on my paypal.. paypal closed my dispute as unauthorized entry to my paypal account without refunding money... What can I do? I cannot open ticket because I do not have account on drop box

Re: Unauthorized payment

Rich
Super User II

@Mrfreezer wrote:
I dont have account on dropbox. But I have unauthorized payment of 119.88 euro from dropbox on my paypal.. paypal closed my dispute as unauthorized entry to my paypal account without refunding money...

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has. I'd Press the issue with PayPal as well.

Re: Cancelled account fee

Rich
Super User II

You'll need to contact Dropbox Suport directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Account Wrongfully charged

FThurston48
New member | Level 2

Account has been canceled as of Oct.23. 2020. You charged my acct. $13.05 on Nov. 12th. Please issue a refund.

Re: Account Wrongfully charged

Rich
Super User II

You'll need to contact Dropbox Suport directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Re: Fraud charge on credit card

richbill
New member | Level 2

I have 3 charges on my credit card from Dropbox for $120.38, $120.32, $120.32

I have never given dropbox my credit card number of agreed to be charged for anything

I can look up the details using the codes, and they are for some account I have never heard of.

How do I get these charges removed from my credit card?

I am also upset that I needed to make an account just to contact dropbox about this.

I think there should be a published email address for complaining when dropbox charge your card without permission

I would be glad if someone from dropbox emails me to resolve this issue

Refund request

Jou
Explorer | Level 3
Hi, i sign-up for a free trial but not intending to renew it with a basic plan. Unfortunately i was charged on my card. Can someone help me process a refund? I don't even use this dropbox. It's frustating. Been waiting for their e-mail since october

Re: Refund request

Rich
Super User II

@Jou wrote:
Can someone help me process a refund?

Re: Fraud charge on credit card

Rich
Super User II

@richbill wrote:

How do I get these charges removed from my credit card?

You need to contact Dropbox directly, as described above. This is a community forum and account/billing issues cannot be handled here.

I have never given dropbox my credit card number of agreed to be charged for anything

I can look up the details using the codes, and they are for some account I have never heard of.

If you didn't give Dropbox your credit card, SOMEONE ELSE DID. You should be contacting your bank, first and foremost.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    rparker200 Explorer | Level 3
    tesiG New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?