cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an unauthorized charge from Dropbox. What can I do?

I have an unauthorized charge from Dropbox. What can I do?

Badgerman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox has taken money from my credit card account without authorisation, how do I get it back?

76 Replies 76

lchandler89
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also have an unauthorized charge on my account. My email is [personal information removed as per the Community's Guidelines]

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @lchandler89; thanks for joining our discussion here and sorry to hear about this.

In this case, you can use an incognito window -while NOT logged into any account- to contact our support team through the relevant form so we can assist further.

I hope this gets resolved for you soon!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Magnolia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Dropbox has taken money (119,88€) from my credit card account without authorisation, how do I get it back?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm sorry to hear about the situation @Magnolia!

As we'd need to discuss some billing specific info with you, please submit a ticket with our Support team by filling in the relevant details under the "Submit a help request" here.

You can let me know the ticket number that you receive (eg. #1234567) so that I can pass along your comments from here too.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

shawn9
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is somewhat of a unique situation that our finance team is asking me to look into - I'm trying to track down a charge for $63CDN from Dropbox to find out who owns this account, and from there, make the determination as to whether we should cancel/close the Dropbox subscription.  (a bit of history - this company and all it's related expenses, etc were acquired from a team that has since departed so we have no way of going back to ask the previous folks)

The only piece of information I have to go on is the charge, and what appears to be a bank transaction ID.  There is no transaction ID from Dropbox, so I can't even look up the transaction on their transaction checker.  All I have is the following line on a credit card statement:

JUN 03 DROPBOXINCCADCARDSPRO SAN FRANCISCOCA   $63.00

Dropbox support bot and knowledge base isn't very helpful in edge cases such as this so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how I can reach the Billing team to sort this out?  

lamontmonroe
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I upgraded my personal dropbox to 3TB on April 21, 2021, and my business Dropbox shows up in my personal one. My personal Dropbox keeps telling me that it is not syncing and I'm out of storage space. I would like my personal Dropbox and my business Dropbox to be separate. On July 25, 2021, my business Dropbox just billed me $216 and I need to talk to someone who can help me to separate the two. It has been very difficult to follow Dropbox Help to find the "admin console". It is impossible to talk to someone in billing to get this straightened out. Please help me with my frustration and confusion.

New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I need to speak with someone about my account and charges. 

GTyler
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Some one need contact me IMMEDIATELY....at [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

Because all of your phone numbers on web are not in service....

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for posting to the Community today @shawn9

No worries, I'd be happy to help you out with this. 

Would you mind if I sent you an email, so we can have a closer look at this together?  

Let me know!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @lamontmonroe, I hope you're doing well! 

As a first step, I'd suggest you follow Walter's steps, in order to locate both charges. 

It's also important to note that if you have two charges, that would indicate two separate Dropbox accounts, under different emails. 

When you say you would want the two to be separate, could you let me know more?

Thanks!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Semsrms New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    kllebeau New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?