cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an unauthorized charge from Dropbox. What can I do?

I have an unauthorized charge from Dropbox. What can I do?

Badgerman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox has taken money from my credit card account without authorisation, how do I get it back?

76 Replies 76

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @19811981@GTyler, I hope you're doing well! 

You should be able to see all of your account's support options here. 

You can also check out our self-serve lookup tool.

If you have any questions, I'm here. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lulumarie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I found a credit card charge on my Visa today, and I cannot find why I was charged.  How can I find out?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @lulumarie, I'd be happy to help! 

As a first step, I'd use our self-serve look-up tool

That should shine a light on the charge. 

Can you give it a go, and let me know how it goes?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

mountsupport
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Greetings,

We are experiencing an issue.

An annual account was created by an employee 01/15/2020.  That employee ended employment 06/30/2020.  The renewal charge showed up on the credit card reconciliation for January 2021.  We are fine with the initial charge back in 2020, but we would like a refund for the current charge (1/15/2021), and would like to have our card removed from the account.  By the way, we do not have access to the original email address.

There was another charge this past January (1/19/2022) for $119.88.  Again, we would like a refund and our card removed from your system.  Thank you!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You need to contact support for assistance at www.dropbox.com/support - WHEN NOT LOGGED IN. You will then get an option to "get help with an account issue". 

Note, however, that they charge is authorised - your employee legally agreed to reoccurring payments when setting up the account. You havent cancelled or stopped these. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Carla R
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Just got a direct charge on my credit card of an unrequested upgrade!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi

Please can someone clarify something for me? I have a free dropbox account but have been sent emails about new charges coming up for various accounts. Can I simply retain by OLD FREE account without signing up for any of the new accounts available?

Many thanks,

Janz

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb, welcome to our Community! 

You surely can! 

Do you have access to the Dropbox accounts related to these charges? If so, have you cancelled their renewal? 

Let me know! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello

This message is for Megan and others who have replied to my previous question re the above. I was not able to reply on the thread because the blue box was kind of "grayed out". 

Thank you for your replies. Does this mean that I can leave things as they are and not pay charges? I only have a free account with minuscule storage.

Thanks,

Janz 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Semsrms New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    kllebeau New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?