cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been billed £19.99 when I cancelled my free trail to pro after 7 days

I have been billed £19.99 when I cancelled my free trail to pro after 7 days

elliefenn27
New member | Level 2

I signed up to DropBox on the basic packedge and then after a day I decided to try out the free trail upgrade. After a week I realised I didn't need nearly the amount of storage the pro was offering, so I cancelled my free trial, only to realise I had been charged £19.99. How has this happened? It was meant to be a free trail, isn't the whole point of a free trail that you can get out of it for FREE before its up!? I wasn't even close to it expiring, it was 7 days into 30 days! Help please. £19.99 is a lot of money for nothing and I'm tempted to leave DropBox alltogether if its going to be sneaky like this

4 Replies 4

Re: I have been billed £19.99 when I cancelled my free trail to pro after 7 days

elliefenn27
New member | Level 2

Oh! And when I input the number from my bank statment into the payment checker, it says nothing has been found...

Re: I have been billed £19.99 when I cancelled my free trail to pro after 7 days

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @elliefenn27; welcome to our Community!

Could you please let me know if you upgraded through our website directly or via the app store perhaps on a mobile device? 

What is your account's plan tab showing at the moment? 

Keep me posted, Ellie!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

elliefenn27
New member | Level 2

Hi Walter

I don't have DropBox on my phone, so it would have either been via the website, or via the laptop APP, but most likley the website.

Attaching images of of what my account plan shows. 

Screenshot 2020-12-07 at 15.23.59.pngScreenshot 2020-12-07 at 15.24.24.png

It was on 17 November that I started my free trial (which said it expired on 17th Dec), then I cancelled it on 2nd December when I realised I had been charged £19.99. So I am now back on the Basic plan, but do not understand why I have been charged this.

Thanks,

Ellie

Walter
Dropboxer

Since I don't see any charge for this account (per your screenshot), you might be getting charged for another account of yours under another email address or it could be that these funds are in pending state, Ellie.

At this point, I'd suggest checking with your bank or contact our support team through an incognito window to ensure you're not logged into any account. 

When on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?