cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been stuck for many days, not able to access my Dropbox Plus content. Please give me a chat p

Highlighted

I have been stuck for many days, not able to access my Dropbox Plus content. Please give me a chat p

Explorer | Level 3

I have had Dropbox Plus for the last several years. When I tried to install Dropbox on a Lenovo laptop that is replacing my old Lenovo Yoga, I seem to get Dropbox Basic, but no sign of Dropbox Plus content. I have been trying to solve this for many days and getting nothing else done. I need help or I'm ready to just flush Dropbox and move to Google. Please set up a chat session ASAP.

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: I have been stuck for many days, not able to access my Dropbox Plus content. Please give me a ch

Dropboxer

Hello there @allanS, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I'd be more than happy to help with the issue that you're having, I'd like to mention that we can't start chat sessions from our side. I'd recommend checking our Support page here to see what support options are available to you depending on your subscription.

What I'd like to check first with you is the plan associated with your Dropbox account. Can you please go to your Plan tab here and let me know what you find there? If it's showing Dropbox Plus, then it's likely that you're not signed in with the same account on the desktop app.

If the Plan tab is showing that your account is Basic, and you have a recent charge for a Plus subscription, you can use our tool to look up charges to find which account that subscription is attached to. 

Let me know what you find and we can go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: I have been stuck for many days, not able to access my Dropbox Plus content. Please give me a ch

Explorer | Level 3

Daphne,    Thanks for responding.

The Regular is 2.23 GB

Shared is zero.

Unused is 3.02 GB.

So is the unused the extra Dropbox Plus volume?   But why can't I see it?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

But how do I access the 3.02 GB volume, which I now can't see? 

Highlighted

Super User II

It sounds like you have a Basic account, as a Plus account would show that you have up to 2TB or more in Unused space (based on only using 2 GB). If you're certain that you've been paying for a Dropbox account, you should use the link that @Daphne provided to look up the charge, and make sure you're signing in with the correct account.

Highlighted

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @allanS,

If you still have access to Dropbox from your old Lenovo Yoga, check there in Preferences, Account tab, what email/account is in use and whether the same account/email is used for your new laptop. Probably they are different.

Hope this gives some direction.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I discovered an email address different than my normal email address.  Can I safely try to delete it?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @allanS,

Just to clarify, did you locate the different email address signed into the desktop app on your old device? If so, perhaps this account has the Plus subscription associated with it.

Also, can you just clarify what you mean about trying to delete it? Do you mean delete the account?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?