cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have my Dropbox account tied to an old email that is defunct

Highlighted

I have my Dropbox account tied to an old email that is defunct

New member | Level 2

My Dropbox is tied to an old email from a business that is defunct.  How can I fix this.  I no longer have access to that email account. It’s no longer exists.  

Is there any solution? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I have my Dropbox account tied to an old email that is defunct

Super User II

If you know your password and you're able to sign-in to your account, you can change your email address from your Account page. If you're not able to sign-in, then the account is likely lost. You must have an active email address on your account so you're able to receive password resets and other verification emails. Without that address, you have no way to prove ownership of the account.

You can try contacting Support, but it's unlikely they will be able to assist.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I have my Dropbox account tied to an old email that is defunct

Super User II

If you know your password and you're able to sign-in to your account, you can change your email address from your Account page. If you're not able to sign-in, then the account is likely lost. You must have an active email address on your account so you're able to receive password resets and other verification emails. Without that address, you have no way to prove ownership of the account.

You can try contacting Support, but it's unlikely they will be able to assist.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?