cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have some feedback about the Dropbox Family Plan.

Highlighted

I have some feedback about the Dropbox Family Plan.

Helpful | Level 5

I signed up for Dropbox Plus recently and I really enjoy it. However, I discovered that the family plan will be more expensive than a personal plan. Apple charges $9.99 for a 2 tb iCloud storage plan for personal use as well as allowing you to share it with up to 6 people. Why can't Dropbox keep the same pricing quota? It wouldn't be fair to pay at least 50 percent more just for a family plan. With this price, I would be paying for a Dropbox Professional plan.

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Family Plan

Dropboxer

Hi there @Petras123, I hope you're well today!

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this! This feature is still in beta, as mentioned here, so we really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this with us.

Please do let me know if you have any other feedback on this and get back to me here with any further thoughts or questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Same for me.

Although I have iCloud family, I would change immediately if for the same price and space (2GB) dropbox would go for a family plan.

The prof version from dropbox is too expensive and some gadgets are not needed for a family ...

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Same here, I'd gladly move my family on the dropbox family plan for the same price as Apple.

On iCloud, one important feature is the fact to be able to separate the different devices (and their owners), so we share the account, not all the files. Is it the same on Dropbox?

Thx!

Highlighted

Re: I have some feedback about the Dropbox Family Plan.

New member | Level 2

I agree.  Not only is the Family Plan more expensive than Apple's, but specifically if you're talking about 2 people sharing a Family Plan. We each used to have a 2TB account for $119/yr ($240 total for two people with 4 TB).  Now we have 2TB shared between the two of us for about 70% more cost than the same 2TB for an individual.  This is a bit insane, and not sure I'm going to stay.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?