cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have some questions about the plans and their quota. Can you shed some light?

Highlighted

I have some questions about the plans and their quota. Can you shed some light?

New member | Level 2

Hello community,
I need your help. We're trying to use Dropbox to share documents, pictures, recordings, birthday lists, planning lists for events, etc. within our small group of choir members (non-profit, just for the fun of singing). Especially our smart phone addicts photographing just about everything, makes it impossible for us to stay with "Dropbox Basic" in the long run, as we will soon need more storage space.

However, it is very unclear to me which chargable plan we have to choose in order to achieve that. Is it sufficient that only our Dropbox keeper upgrades to a Plus account, so that all others are able to read-access all the data stored in his 2TB dropbox? Or would everybody have to upgrade to "Plus"? I think the latter would be much too expensive for our simple purpose. Some members access the dropbox maybe once a year, so it's out of question they will spend 120 bucks a year to get that access. And also, instead of everybody paying for a Plus account, there would be much cheaper other options like running our own little home server.

So could please anybody help us with digging through the quota restrictions of the different Dropbox plans?

Thanks a lot!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I have some questions about the plans and their quota. Can you shed some light?

Dropboxer

Hi there @AX76, thanks for reaching out to us on the Dropbox Community.

Since you mention that you're a non-profit organization, you can contact our sales team for more information about our Business discounts

However, you can have one user upgrade to a paid Plus subscription and have the files in question stored in their account. However, note that any shared folders that they share with others will take up space in both accounts. 

If you don't want the folders to occupy storage on Basic accounts, you can ask the user who upgraded to create shared links and file requests.

I understand that this is a lot of information, but let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?