cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have troubles getting into my account. Can you help?

Highlighted

I have troubles getting into my account. Can you help?

Explorer | Level 3

Hello-

I cannot log into an old account of mine because it has my old telephone number on it only and I do not know my supercode. Can you help?

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Logging into account

Super User II

If you don't have your emergency backup codes, then you won't be able to gain access to the account.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I have things in it I need. It's tied to my email. Why can't they send a verification to my email instead? This doesn't make sense.

Highlighted

Super User II

@kedens wrote:

Why can't they send a verification to my email instead? This doesn't make sense.

You activated two-step authentication on your account so it would send verifications to your phone, correct? Then you're now asking to do bypass specifically what two-step authentication was meant to prevent; access to an account without proper verification through the method you set up.

When you no longer have access to the device required for authentication, you have to use one of the emergency backup codes that was provided to you. That's the entire purpose of those codes; to gain access to the account when the original device is no longer available.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I do not recall doing this. I have access to the email that is on the account. Is there a # I can call to get this info? I am willing to pay for the service but cannot get into the account.

Highlighted

Super User II

@kedens wrote:

Is there a # I can call to get this info?

No, there isn't. You can find the support options available to you on the Support page. If you go to the page while you're NOT signed into an account, you'll see a button for sign in issues.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

So what is someone in my position to do? It is the account assocaited with my email address. That is the email address I wish to use. I would not have opted into the voluntarily unless is was a defalut. I don't understand this...There should be a way to circumvent this by calling in.

Highlighted

Super User II

@kedens wrote:

There should be a way to circumvent this by calling in.

Phone support is only available on Business Advanced plans. If you follow the steps in my previous reply, you'll find an option to submit a request to Support. Make sure you're not logged into any Dropbox account.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?