cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two accounts and want to delete one of them, but I can't find the account I want to delete.

Highlighted

I have two accounts and want to delete one of them, but I can't find the account I want to delete.

Helpful | Level 5

I have/had a personal account of about 2-10 or so GB -- that is/was a FREE account. I also had a business/formal 2T paid account.   They were connected but I dis-connected them becasue I was going to get rid of the 2T -- However, now that the two accounts ahve been disconnected, now all the 2T contents are in my Personal account which is said to be a 2T account. == I do not want them there == I want to close out my 2T paid account ONLY and keep my personal little account with the few things there. I unconnected the two = don't know that was what I was doing but apparently it was done. I just want to get rid of my 2T paid account and keep my little free account.  I already downloaded [a royal pain, another reason not to put things in 2T DB] the contents of most of the 2T account so fine to get rid of it, but now that DB has put my two together if I get rid of the 2T [which now is labelled Personal and no longer the name of the 2T account I did have] it will probably delete everything.

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Q about two accounts = one personal and on 2T paid

Dropboxer

Hi there @VictoriaJZ2019, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Since you had two accounts, they will be under different email addresses. Are you aware of the two emails you used for these accounts?

Also, to delete an account you'll need to cancel any subscriptions that you have associate with that plan. Can you let me know if you've cancelled your paid Plus subscription?

You can check out the steps to do this from here.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Q about two accounts = one personal and on 2T paid

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you -- I haven't had time to deal with this til now == will do so soon

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?