cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two dropbox accounts and upgraded the wrong one. How can I change this?

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I have two dropbox accounts that I switch between: a personal account and a business account (it's my own business).

I recently wanted to upgrade my personal account to Dropbox Professional to use Showcase for some separate consulting work I do and I need the extra storage on my personal account.

However, I can't seem to do this. Everytime I try to upgrade and start a trial Professional always associates with my business account. How do I change this?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Professional associates with wrong account

Dropboxer

Hey there @tablehead  - sorry to hear about this.

Can you try doing this on another browser (or an incognito window for that matter) by logging into the account you'd like to upgrade and do it through our plans page at the page below?

https://www.dropbox.com/plans

If you get any errors please send me a screenshot so I can get a better understanding of the matter at hand and what could be hindering this process. 

Thank you!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I have a personal account and one that I am using for business but I upgraded the personal account by accident. Now I am struggling to do work as the business account has no space left. How can I swap or is merging my only option? I tried to swap the email addresses but couldn't as the business email is already assigned to an account.

Highlighted

Re: I have two dropbox accounts and upgraded the wrong one. How can I change this?

Dropboxer

Hi there @Nimsjr, I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

I'd be more than happy to help with this, however as this is a billing/account specific matter we'll need to continue through our Support channel. 

I've reached out to the email address associated with your Community profile, please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?