cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't been able to confirm a charge on the self-serve look up tool. Can I ask for a refund?

Highlighted

I haven't been able to confirm a charge on the self-serve look up tool. Can I ask for a refund?

New member | Level 2

Dropbox has posted an unauthorized transaction on my credit card. I used the self-serve look up tool, but after entering the requested information, I keep getting a message asking for the information again. Could you please help me to get my money back and be sure I'm not charged in the future? I do have a free account, which was confirmed by the person in the chat feature. 

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Unauthorized charge - please refund

Dropboxer
Hey @LH19, let’s look into that together! 

For starters, your description makes me think that the form isn’t responding to your input & that’s why it’s looping back prompting you to re-enter your billing info. Are you getting any error/diagnostic messages along the way by any chance?

If it’s not too much trouble for you, could you try repeating once through an incognito window/in private browsing mode/without any extensions running & see if that's the solution you're looking for? As an additional step, would you mind clearing your browser's cache & see if this does the trick for you this time?

Additionally, I haven’t been able to locate an open ticket with the email address connected to your Community profile. Could you include a ticket# in your next message, in order to have a look on my end? 

Thanks in advance! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not getting any error/diagnostic messages, even after I cleared the cache and went via a new incognito window. I keep getting the same message, which is, "Please enter the expiration date and last 4 digits of the billed credit card" even after I enter that data plus the transaction ID. Where would I find an open ticket # to share with you?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
I appreciate your prompt reply back & thanks for taking the time to work on that on your end @LH19

Your follow-up clarifications make me think that you may have chatted to our Sales team, as you don’t have a ticket#. Just for future reference, you could keep in mind that when you’re chatting in to our Support team, you should be getting an email with the transcript of your discussion as soon as you close the chat.

That being said, I could check whether there’s a charge on our system on my end & for that reason I’ve just sent you a brief message, in order to focus on that a bit closer. 

Please have a look at your inbox whenever you have a bit of spare time. Thanks again! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

How can I identify a credit card charge & ask for a refund?

New member | Level 2

How can I get the refund of an unauthorized charge to my credit card for an upgrade to a Dropbox Plus?

Highlighted

Re: How can I identify a credit card charge & ask for a refund?

Dropboxer
Hey @Gabybur, thanks for checking in on the Community! 

Payment-related requests can only be processed through our Official Support channel. Since I couldn’t locate an open support ticket there, I created one on your behalf. Please have a look at the inbox connected to your Community login & we’ll go from there.

Thanks again! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?