cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't received my Samsung promotional space?

I haven't received my Samsung promotional space?

Wylberth G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I didn´t receive my 48GB, why? I need help!

213 Replies 213

Mayur P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,

My 48GB is soon to end on the 5th August, however I have got a new Samsung Galaxy S6, I thought this would extend it?

So it does not look like it will, currently I am using 9GB of space, and I only have 6GB allocated to me after the 5th August. 

What happens to the 3GB that I am going overboard with?

thanks

Carlos P.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Good morning!

I did all the necessary steps and I still didn´t receive my free 50 GB. I bought a Samsung galaxy note 4. Could you please help me ?

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Carlos! 

If it's the first time you're connecting a smartphone to your account, I would recommend you to first check that your phone is eligible for the promotion.

If yes, make sure that you did all the necessary steps. As you just told me that you did :), I would then recommend you to contact our support here:

https://www.dropbox.com/support

Have a nice day!

@Mayur, as I told earlier, you can' stack promotions, so it will not extend it. Also, Dropbox never deletes your files, so you will just be over quota.

Kaz
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Carlos

You mentioned that you have a Note 4, did you have a Dropbox account before buying this device? Unfortunately the promotion for the Note 4 is for new accounts only, so if you had created the account before, you would not be eligible. You can review the terms here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/297 

Paul O.16
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,

I just bought a (new) samsung galaxy a3. When i first started dropbox on my samsung they offered my 48 gb free space on a new account. I already have an account so i try to get this free space on my current account. How do i get this free space?

Gr. P.

Bradlee S.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My Samsung promotion expired early. Why??

| Samsung + Dropbox | Samsung promotion | 9/17/2013 | 48 GB (expired 9/17/2015) |

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Bradlee!

Did you, by any chance, had another smartphone linked to your Dropbox account before your Samsung?

If yes, it might have expired because it was revoked, because you can't stack deals on a single account.

If you want to be sure, you can contact support that will have a look in your account:

https://www.dropbox.com/support

Matt S.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I completed 6 of 7 Getting Started options, including sending a text to my Samsung s4. I clicked the link from the text, then downloaded the app onto my phone (which is eligible according to the terms and conditions). When I logged back in to my account, I did not receive the free space. I have since signed up a few friends on Dropbox, followed the same steps, and they have all received the free space. I have followed all of the troubleshooting tips and tricks that are posted in the help section and they have been unable to provide a solution. 

If I'm understanding this forum correctly, no one here works directly for Dropbox therefore cannot look into my account to verify anything. How can I receive the support I require to resolve this issue? Could I please receive some assistance other than a link to the help page? I have spent a lot of time carefully going over each stipulation already.

Thanks very much in advance for the help! Enjoy your day 🙂

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

>then downloaded the app onto my phone (which is eligible according to the terms and conditions).

According to those same terms, only devices that have Dropbox pre-loaded on them are eligible. If you have to install it on the device, it's likely not eligible.

From here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/297#terms

Which Samsung devices are eligible for promotions?

• Select Samsung Android smartphones and tablets that have the Dropbox application pre-loaded are eligible to receive promotional space.

Matt S.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Sorry Rich, let me clarify. Dropbox was preloaded and when I signed up with my phone I did not receive the free space. So I uninstalled Dropbox, updated to the latest version, and signed back in. Still did not receive the space. Any other suggestions?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Juan Antonio A. New member | Level 1
    Richard P. Super User alumni
    Miguel B.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?