cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I joined a Business team but I want to have a separate account with my own subscription

Highlighted

I joined a Business team but I want to have a separate account with my own subscription

Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

I had an individual plan linked to my Google account.

Afterwards, I was included in a Business plan.

Since the outcomes were unclear, I merged the two accounts.

I made a mistake.

I need to keep both the accounts, the individual and the Business one, but I have received a refund's notification.

I would like to keep my individual account on Gmail while keeping the Business one on a different email.

Should I buy again another individual plan? And if so, how can I move my personal files to my new individual plan?

The issue is that I already had several files shared with a work team on my individual account. I do not want to lose my data. I am not in touch with all my former colleagues; therefore, I cannot ask them to share the files again.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Issues with my account(s)

Dropboxer

Hey there @Alessandro78, thanks for checking in with us. I’d be more than happy to help!

Since you’d like to have a separate individual account with the existing email, what you can do is:

Once you complete this, you can swap and start organizing your data between your two accounts. Bear in mind that if you have editing access to shared content, you may be able to invite the account you want to gain access to. 

Although this may be a lot of info to go through, we're always just a post away, so give us a shout if you have any trouble along the way or you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?