cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I joined a team by accident. What can I do to leave the team?

Highlighted

I joined a team by accident. What can I do to leave the team?

New member | Level 2

Please help me.

I am take a miss to join a team Dropbox. And now team admin can delete my account?

(My account is 2TB ) . Unbelivale what was happen to my account.

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: I joined a team by accident. What can I do to leave the team?

Super User II

It depends on what type of team you joined. If it's a Business team, you'll need the team admin to convert your account back to a personal account, at which time you can re-subscribe if you previously had a paid account. You want to make sure your account is converted and not simply removed from the team. If it's removed, the account is deleted. You need them to convert it.

If it's a free team, you can leave it yourself. Refer to the following help article for more information on both options:

Highlighted

Re: I joined a team by accident. What can I do to leave the team?

Dropboxer

Hey there @ngthnhuy and @Rich

I wanna welcome @ngthnhuy to our Community and also add the steps your admin will need, to revert your account back to personal. Here is a help center article that offers the steps: https://help.dropbox.com/teams-admins/admin/convert-to-individual

Also note that when a paid individual account, joins a paid team account, it "interrupts" the personal subscription. A Dropbox account can only be under one active subscription. This means that, if this is the case, you have already received a prorated refund for your individual subscription. So, after the admin offboards your account from the team, your account will appear to be a free account and you will need to buy your personal subscription again. All files remain safe even if you don't have enough space in the free version  of Dropbox. So no worries about losing files. 

I hope this helps. Let us know if you managed to get back to the individual state of your account and if you have any further questions. 

Thank you. Have a nice week! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?