cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Security Code

Highlighted

I keep receiving a security code to my phone, can the person requesting this access my account?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I keep getting a Dropbox security code sent to my phone at least 4x a week. And it’s not me accessing my Dropbox? Idk who is requesting this security code. Who ever and where ever this person is requesting this security code can they access my dropbox, though the code so being sent my phone?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Security Code

anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Spiritwhale!

Unless you have 2-FA (two-factor authentication) enabled, you shouldn't get any codes sent to you. The person is probably a spammer/hacker trying to get access to your account. Do NOT enter any codes that you receive. You can also set your email to get notifications whenever a new login is detected. Go to your "Settings" and click on "Notifications." Then select "A new browser is used to sign in." You will now get a notification every time a new login is detected. The person who is sending you these codes shouldn't have access to your account. But just in case, I recommend that you change your password. I hope this helps!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?