cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost access to my gmail account and now I can not enter my drobox account.

I lost access to my gmail account and now I can not enter my drobox account.

BananaMan98
New member | Level 2

When I signed up for dropbox, I signed in with my dell laptop, and with that dropbox gave my account 20 extra GB storage when I signed up for my account. When I signed up, I clicked the sign-in with google option and continued to set up my account and all was good. The account that I had used, I can not currently log in to it. as a result, I could not sign in with google when I wanted to log in to my google account. And surprisingly, when you sign up through Google, you don't put a password so that's another problem if I am going to retrieve my account. I have currently logged in to my dropbox account on my laptop and my android device, they all work like a charm. I am worried in the future I might not have access to my account as the problems that I am facing do not seem like I will. I really want to retrieve my old account or at the least to give my account a password rather than logging in through google.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Re: I lost access to my gmail account and now I can not enter my drobox account.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @BananaMan98, thanks for using Dropbox and happy Monday!

Can you please clarify, when you say that you can't log into the account you had used, are you getting any errors? 

Also, have you contacted Google to see if you can regain access to the email address that you used to set up the account in question?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there.

PS: For more information on the Google Sign-In feature, you can have a look here.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: I lost access to my gmail account and now I can not enter my drobox account.

BananaMan98
New member | Level 2

Yes, I have contacted Google and they said my account has been disabled but for reasons unknown.

Mark
Super User II

What is the Dropbox error?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

BananaMan98
New member | Level 2

There is no error. I am unable to log in to my dropbox account because when I made the account I used google. When using google you can not or you are unable to put a password. I lost my google account and with that, I can not log in to my dropbox account because I can not log in to my google account. I am looking for a way to have a password to my unlogable account as I am still logged in to some devices that I own. 

Mark
Super User II

Without access to the email account that isnt possible I'm afraid. 

The only way you'll get back in to this Dropbox is if Google reinstate your account

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    BananaMan98 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?