cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost my account and pls help me...

I lost my account and pls help me...

Savy
New member | Level 2

My previous username(email) for login is xxx@cisco.com but later on I left Cisco and now when I tried to login, I failed...

since previous cisco.com mail was deprecated, so right now I don't have a way to reset my password or save those files from cisco account, can anybody from Dropbox team help me? Thanks so much!

7 Replies 7

Re: I lost my account and pls help me...

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Savy,

Take a look here. It's the same.

Hope this helps.

Savy
New member | Level 2

Sorry I followed your instruction, it seems I got a pending email address, but my cisco account is not valid...

I have to make new account merged with cisco account after I verify in the sent link... but now I can't access cisco account... how am I supposed to do?

Здравко

@Savy wrote:

... I got a pending email address, ...

Hi @Savy,

What is the meaning of "pending email" here? By the way, to avoid confusion, you can use as a new email such that's not assigned yet to any Dropbox account and accessible. If your email address, you're going to use, is already assigned to any Dropbox account, it can't be used (you gonna get error message)!

@Savy wrote:

I have to make new account merged with cisco account after I verify in the sent link... but now I can't access cisco account... how am I supposed to do?

Where you got decide that you "have to make new account merged with cisco account"? I should confess don't understand what you mean here. If you have access to your old email (somehow, in any way), this conversation thread gets meaningless! Your question here imply this isn't possible. Am I right, or miss something? 🤔

In this context, you don't have to (and can't) merge anything. The only way in this situation is gaining access through already connected mobile device (phone or tablet). There is an option in "Settings" called "Connect a computer". Since you have authorized your application to access your account, you can gain access even without using the password (and this is the workaround proposed)! Once you have gained access to the account, you can change associated email to an actual one (one not assigned to any Dropbox account, as I mentioned before) and after that reset the password as usual.

If you have not any mobile device with valid link to your account, the workaround would not work for you, unfortunately. The only way left is try to ask the email provider restore access for a moment, just to let you reset the password and change associated email. If this isn't come possible, your account gets lost forever.

Hope this clarifies matter.

Savy
New member | Level 2

sad... is there any way I can get those files in my zhepan@cisco.com? Those files are really important to me... pls

Здравко

Only administrators from customer service can take such a decision, but I don't think they will do so (as there isn't a secure way to confirm your files ownership). 🤷

Savy
New member | Level 2

I have some videos and pictures there for my family, any possible way? I would love to take a try.

Mark
Super User II

Without access to the email those files are lost I'm afraid (and the account will have been deleted anyway if you last logged in over a year ago).

The only way you will be able to get it back is to see if your ex-manager/ICT team will temporarily set you an email address back up. You wont be able to do so via support.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?