cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a new current admin how do I take over the past admins account?

Highlighted

I'm a new current admin how do I take over the past admins account?

New member | Level 2

Hi, 

I need to take over the accound of jeff whom was the previous account holder. I work in a law firm and I need to get the dropbox fixed and not loose all the infomation already statred! 

Do/how do I add another acount information such as mine? I really need someone to call and walk me through it. *stuggleing*

thanks, 

Stressed new Admin

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: How to Regret Deleting folders permanent

New member | Level 2

oh it's not the files that are going to be lost, I just want to take over/override the current admins account. His name is jeff (which I am currently using) and I want to delete him and make it mine/ is that possable. 

or do I have to ask IT to delete his account and I start over with my own in order to share files with my lawyer. 

does that make sense? This is weird I know

Highlighted

Re: I'm a new current admin how do I take over the past admins account?

Dropboxer

Hi @Newadmin; how are you today?

Can you please clarify if you're referring to a team account or an individual one? To see more about this, you can check the account's plan tab.

If the former, you'll need to find the team admin and contact them so they can assign you with admin rights and from there remove them from the team account as well to free up their licence if needed.

If the latter though, you'd just need to change the account's email address from the account's settings online:

I hope this helps and please keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?