cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm being given info to upgrade, but I'm already paying for one, why am I getting this?

Highlighted

I'm being given info to upgrade, but I'm already paying for one, why am I getting this?

Explorer | Level 3

I have been subscribing to Dropbox for many years but not made real use of it. I now want to do so. When I went into my account today it said I could upgrade to Plus for £9.99 per month. But I'm already paying £9.99 per month so am I on Plus already? Or is this an extra £9.99 per month? 

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Meet our team!

Explorer | Level 3

I don't know whether you can help me but I can't find anywhere on the system where I can get an answer to my query.

I've subscribed to Dropbox for years but never really made much use of it although I thought there were a lot of my photos on there which I can't see at the moment. 

I want to use Dropbox more now as a back up to my files and when I signed in it's offering me 30 days free and then £9.99 per month for 2TB of space. However I am already paying £9.99 per month so is the offer extra or should I already have the 2TB storage space? What would I be paying £9.9 per month for? The system says my space is used but I can't see more than one photo on there.  

I'm 72 still working self employed full time so put my uselessness down to old age? Any help would be appreciated

Tony (Peckers4

Highlighted

Re: Subscription

Dropboxer

Hi @peckers48, thanks for joining the Community!

It sounds like you have two Dropbox accounts, one which is currently the Dropbox Basic plan, and the other which you're paying for.

I'd like you to check the email and also look carefully for typos in any of these places:

• On your computer, click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar or system tray. Click on the avatar on the top right, then Preferences, and Account.
  • On iOS, open your Dropbox app and tap on 'Account'. On Android, open your Dropbox app, tap on the Menu button, and then tap on 'Settings'.
  • On the Dropbox website, click on your avatar or the face in the top right corner, then click Settings.

Let me know what you find out!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Jay. You were right found that I do have a PLUS account under an older email address. Now trying to work out how I check what is held in dropbox for me

Highlighted

Dropboxer

You can check what is on that account by visiting this page online.

If you need any info on how to move files between accounts, this article might help you out a bit.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?