cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I'm confused by the $19.99 monthly charges to my credit card account for the "Basic" p

I'm confused by the $19.99 monthly charges to my credit card account for the "Basic" plan

TJV01
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I had the impression that the "Basic Plan" was a FREE service, and yet I'm receiving from Dropbox charges of $19.00/month.

Does the Basic Plan cost $19.99/month?

If so, is there a discount available for non-profit organizations or people doing pro bono work?

If not, how to I correct this errant charge and seek reimbursement?

If the Basic Plan is not free, is there another plan that is free?

Thank you,

Tim Vendlinski

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@TJV01 wrote:

I had the impression that the "Basic Plan" was a FREE service, and yet I'm receiving from Dropbox charges of $19.00/month.

The Basic plan is free. If you're being charged then it's for another account, and the $19/month cost would seem to be for a Professional account. Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account associated with the charge.

As for the charges, you'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@TJV01 wrote:

The Basic plan is free. If you're being charged then it's for another account, and the $19/month cost would seem to be for a Professional account. Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account associated with the charge.

As for the charges, you'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

TJV01
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
THANK YOU, RICH!!!

Elsa3
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello, 

I tried the free trial for dropbox premium for a day but cancelled it immediately after that. Despite being back on the free basic plan, Dropbox is still trying to charge me £19.99. I have contacted support but as I couldn't find a phone number to call, I used their email service which has been very frustrating and no help whatsoever. I explained the situation to them and they simply said I'm on the basic plan and marked the issue as resolved. The issue is NOT resolved. I really regret ever using this service.

Any help on how to stop this? I'm afraid if my bank stops it these will go down as missing payments.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, @Elsa3, let's see what we can find on this!

Since you mentioned contacting our support team, could you please send me the ticket number from your communication with them?

Have you also contacted your bank to check if the payments have gone through or not?

I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Elsa3
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Megan,

Ticket no: 16147497

I have not been charged but I can see that drop box has tried to charge me 5 times this past week. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Elsa3, thanks for the ticket ID, I've gone ahead and prioritized it to expedite matters on your behalf.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?