cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting a notification that I'm out of space when trying to save a file recently. Any clues?

Highlighted

I'm getting a notification that I'm out of space when trying to save a file recently. Any clues?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi there

I hope everyone is well and safe.

I’m getting recently a message that my storage is full and offering me an upgrade,

I’m using 62.8mb out of 2gb and yet keep on getting this message anytime I’m trying to save a file.

Does is sounds familiar to anyone here?
Please share your opinion, tips, and tricks.
Thank you

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: Storage is full

Super User II

@Adam-Hill wrote:
I’m using 62.8mb out of 2gb and yet keep on getting this message anytime I’m trying to save a file.

What does it show for your available space on your Plan page? Remember that shared folders take up space in your account as well.

Highlighted

Re: Storage is full

Explorer | Level 3
Thanks for your reply

I’m seeing there that I’m using all together 62.8mb out of my 2gb
Highlighted

Re: I'm getting a notification that I'm out of space when trying to save a file recently. Any clues?

Explorer | Level 3
Hi guys
Hope you’re well and safe.

Any recommendations on the above message, as well as if you’re facing the same kind of issue, please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance
Highlighted

Re: I'm getting a notification that I'm out of space when trying to save a file recently. Any clues?

Super User II

Are you certain that it's a message from Dropbox, and not referring to the sapce available on your local drive?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi.
Thanks for helping out.

Yes. I’m sure about it. Drop box sent me an email about upgrading it as well as getting this message on the app, although I’m using 63.3 mb of of 2gb available.
Highlighted

Dropboxer

That is rather strange indeed @Adam-Hill

Around what size are the files that you're trying to upload to your account?

Also, would you mind sending me a screenshot of the error/pop up that you're referring to when you try upload a file?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?