Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm having an issue with file uploads & I'm not satisfied with the support I received.

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Customer support is terrible. I have some series issues with my uploads and its been days trying to get anyone to help. I have a paid pro account and if i don't hear from someone by the end of today I'm dropping drop box. I have no choice.

15 Replies 15
Highlighted

Re: Customer support SUCKS!

Super User II
Super User II

This is a public forum I'm afraid, supported by users so threats unfortunately dont work here.

However, all you can do is Log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and ask for help, however, replies WILL take time. You can track it at http://dropbox.zendesk.com . Word of warning though dont log more than 1 ticket or you will wait longer for a reply - each time moves you to the back of the queue.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I'm with LA-Event on this. His/her 'threat' sounds more like a cry of desperation which does serve the valuable purpose here of informing other users that they are not alone in their frustration with Dropbox's slacker approach to tech support. I too am a paying customer but not paying enough obviously. Software purveyors should not leave theirpaying customers hanging in limbo.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Perhaps it would be more useful to tell us about the problem you're having and the exact steps you've taken to receive support. We may be able to help you.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

sure. I have a W7 and two OS.10.10.5 computers and a folder shared with a colleague running linux ubuntu 12.  A <400kb file saved to folder from W7 took >24 h to show up on the other computers.  A week ago I tried to call for support but that is not an option for a "Pro" so Iwrote for support and 30 h later I got a reply with a well-meaning but irrelevant lecture about bandwidth and large files and a bunch of troubleshooting suggestions that were obviously just going to waste more time.  I went on to other things and then, yesterday/today had the same thing happen--a file deposited and showing on W7 yesterday still was not showing on mac and linux boxes. Test docs saved on macs did not show up in folder on W7.  Mac to Mac and Mac to Linus sync is instantaneous. The 'tray' icon in W7 says everything is up to date.  This was obviously erroneous.  I googled something like "W7 won't sync dropbox" and found another forum suggesting an update of software.  I was at 3.12and the update gave me 3.14.  That solved the problem.  My contact from Dropbox did not suggest that.  So, I guessthe lesson here is use the crowd not the guy from the cloud.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Amen. This may be a "support" forum that I was directed to by Dropbox itself but it does nothing to solve anything. I am having issues with the iOS app trying to share a single file. "Can't share this file. An error has occurred". Seriously WTF? I pay $9.99 a month for this shitty service and I might as well go use OneDrive.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

@Matt B. Feel the same. Dropbox is doomed!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I cannot agree more with the OP.

Customer support for Dropbox is SO slow.

I hope somebody high up from Dropbox reads this and understands that in this day and age, CS is critical and with their current CS, they will not survive.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi folks,

We hear you and want you to know we are sorry you think your support experience has been anything less than great! We are continually pushing ourselves here to do better for you, so please keep the feedback coming and keep us on our toes.

Thanks,
Fearg

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
I too am very disappointed with Dropbox customer service. I have a dropbox Pro account, and I was signed up for a Business Account. As a business user telephone support is very lacking and limited. I was not allowed to speak to anyone in restorations when I needed data restored. It took more than a week to have data restored and when the restoration took place, I was not alerted when the rollback was going to occur. I am actively seeking out a company to replace Dropbox due to the poor customer service. A week to restore/rollback data for business accounts is simply unacceptable.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?