cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having trouble cancelling my trial and contacting Support, any help?

Highlighted

I'm having trouble cancelling my trial and contacting Support, any help?

Explorer | Level 3

I'm trying to find a way to cancel a free subscription but they ask for Team leader or something like that. I don't have that stuff. Why can't they just give a phone number and let me call somebody. They've put a ton of obstacles in my way. Maybe a 20 something understands this gobbledygook but it's just stupid how hard they make it to get help.

Aaarrrggghhh!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Contact support

Dropboxer

Hey @Stupidangry, thanks for getting back to me with all that info!

Since you've been having some issues (and a lot of frustration that I can 100% understand), I'd like to go through this more directly with you. Since this is a public forum, we aren't able to discuss account specific info here for your security. I've reached out to your email address that's associated with your Community profile directly so that we can continue this discussion via email.

When you have a moment, please just reply back to that email and I'll be more than happy to assist you with cancelling your free trial from my side.

I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there @Stupidangry, I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations with this!

I'd be more than happy to help you go through this here, the first thing I'd like to confirm is which trial you're currently on. So, to check this, can you please go to your Plan page here, and let me know which trial you're currently on?

What you mention about "asking for a team leader" would be referring to an admin of a Business team. If you have a Business subscription trial and are the admin of the team (if you started the trial then you will be an admin), then you can contact Support by phone with the number you can find in the Admin console here.

Otherwise, the steps to cancel a free trial are outlined here, for a Business or personal subscription. I'd be more than happy to go more in depth with you on this once you let me know exactly which trial you're currently on so I can provide more accurate information.

I hope this helps, let me know what you find - thanks!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Daphne,
Thank you for taking the time to address this with me. It is so frustrating.It looks like I am in a "Business Advanced trial". (For background, I'm 68 years old, no business, and wanted something to send some videos of my recent 50th high school reunion to a friend.  He said get a Dropbox account for free and do it that way. And here I am.)
A couple of times I went to the "Cancel a free trial" page that you highlighted in "outlined here" ... that's where the frustration of this all began
.... it asked for team administrator, or it asked for credit card info, etc.
 That sort of threw me, as I never gave any credit card info and I do
n't see how they can get the monthly fee out of me without that. But I also
don't see how I got all the "Welcome to Dropbox" emails if I didn't
somehow get signed up for it. It's all very confusing to me.
Again, I'm very grateful for your support.
Thank you,
Jack S.
Racine WI
(PS. Further evidence of my incompetence but cause for frustration ... your comment to me came by email. I replied to it by email, but got the "Delivery Failure" message.  It took me a while to figure out I was supposed to use this "Community" to reply.  Aarrgghh.)
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @Stupidangry, thanks for getting back to me with all that info!

Since you've been having some issues (and a lot of frustration that I can 100% understand), I'd like to go through this more directly with you. Since this is a public forum, we aren't able to discuss account specific info here for your security. I've reached out to your email address that's associated with your Community profile directly so that we can continue this discussion via email.

When you have a moment, please just reply back to that email and I'll be more than happy to assist you with cancelling your free trial from my side.

I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you - thanks!

Daphne

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?