cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having trouble changing the email on my account as I don't remember my password, any help?

Highlighted

I'm having trouble changing the email on my account as I don't remember my password, any help?

New member | Level 2

Hello.

I made a new Dropbox account recently,
But however I realized that I’ve made it with my old e-mail address which is permanently closed. And also I forgot my password.
So I tried to close my dropbox account or update e-mail address but it all required password. (I’m currently in use of this account on iPhone Safari)

So I tried to do :
1. Try to sign in to dropbox.com or the Dropbox app with your expired password.
2. If you can’t log in, click I can’t recover my account using this page at the bottom.
3. Click Yes.
4. Click Send notifications. This sends notifications to all your linked devices.
5. When you see the notification on your linked device, click Details.
6. Click Continue (web) or Yes (mobile).
7. Enter your a new email address.
8. Click Submit.

But however I cannot get to number 3. ‘ Click Yes’ because clicking ‘I can’t recover my account using this page’ won’t let me reach to number 3.

Would you please help me?
Now I can access to this account by iPhone Safari. I would like change e-mail of this account by sending notification to this device.

Because I don’t know the password and the email address of this account is permanently closed.

If these are not available, I would just like to close the account (in any ways because I can currently access to this one) and make a new one by new email.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Send a notification to iPhone

Dropboxer

Hello @Aaabbbccc13, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this!

The steps that you've tried to follow there would only apply if your account's password has expired, so this is most likely why you're not able to continue there.

I'd suggest reaching out to our Support team to see if they can assist you further with this. To do this, please visit this page while signed out of your Dropbox account and fill in the relevant details under the "Submit a help request" section.

You can let me know the ticket number you receive (eg. #1234567) and I can pass along your comments from here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
Thanks. I just submitted a question. I hope there’s an answer soon and be able to solve my question about this account.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for the update @Aaabbbccc13!

If there's anything else I can help with in the meantime, don't hesitate to get back to me here. I'd be happy to help out.

Hope you have a great day!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?