cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I' m having troubles with deleting my account. Any clues?

Highlighted

I' m having troubles with deleting my account. Any clues?

Not applicable

No Account Delete button under 'General' tab. No clear option for 'Leave Team'. No help from Dropbox customer service, it's like being stuck in a crazy time loop. Head and brick wall come to mind.

Would appreciate some help from you guys in the community. Many thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Account Deletion Nightmare.

Not applicable

Hi Rich. Thanks for replying.

I was on a Business Trial and as far as I can see I am the admin from my personal account. I managed to delete the business account...

Ok, scrap that, I just managed to disband my business team but only by coming across the option by mistake. It's not clear at all but if anyone has this problem whereby you cant disband the team and therefore see the 'Delete Account' option under 'General' tab - do the counterintuitive thing of looking to add business features and then you will see an option to disband team. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II

@anonymous wrote:

No clear option for 'Leave Team'.

Are you a member of a Dropbox Business team? If so, only the Team admin can delete your account or convert it back to an indiviudal account. You would need to contact them.

Highlighted

Not applicable

Hi Rich. Thanks for replying.

I was on a Business Trial and as far as I can see I am the admin from my personal account. I managed to delete the business account...

Ok, scrap that, I just managed to disband my business team but only by coming across the option by mistake. It's not clear at all but if anyone has this problem whereby you cant disband the team and therefore see the 'Delete Account' option under 'General' tab - do the counterintuitive thing of looking to add business features and then you will see an option to disband team. 

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?