cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm not able to reset my password as I can't access my email, what can I do?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I've been using Dropbox for a few years. I never changed my password. I've been trying to reset my password but nothing happens when I do. I no longer have acces to the email address I used to create the account and when I try to update it it will ask me for a password which brings me back to the password reset I can't get done. I emailed dropbox and nobody has responded. Help please!

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Reset password

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for reaching out to us @Liz45, hope you're well!

That's indeed a bit of a sticky situation there, since you no longer have access to that email address. Please don't fret though, I'll try my best to assist you with this.

Do you possibly have a device connected to your Dropbox account, for example through the desktop app? If so, can you try the steps listed here to regain access via a linked device?

Let me know and we'll take it from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Reset password

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Liz45,

Actually it's not mandatory access to your current Dropbox account associated email in all cases. If you can access your account online, you can change the associated email. Even when you can't recall your current password, but still have connected mobile device, then using "connect computer" you can get access to your account settings and change the email. After, you could reset your password.

Hope this helps.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?