cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not getting the email to reset my password. Any clues?

Highlighted

I'm not getting the email to reset my password. Any clues?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I did not received any email from Dropbox for Password Recovery Link., does anyone know why?

15 Replies 15
Highlighted

Re: I'm not getting the email to reset my password. Any clues?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @tambun indah; welcome to our Community and happy Monday!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with resetting your account's password. Let's take a look into this!

Can you please check your email's spam or junk folder in case our email was caught there somehow? 

If it's not there as well, you can add no-reply@dropbox.com to your address book and then try the reset again.

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter @Walter 

I have added this no-reply@dropbox.com in my address book since the last time i message Dropbox. But i still can get any reset link email from Dropbox. Any other way?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Ray 2359; sorry to hear about that.

It's common to use one address as your primary email account, and then have used a second, different address with Dropbox. It may be that the password reset email isn't going through because you used a different address with Dropbox.

Could you double-check that you're using the exact same email address as shown within your account's  settings?

Keep me posted! 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter @Walter,

My Dropbox account and my primary email address were the same "personal information removed as per the Community's Guidelines]", i still did'nt receive any email reset link from Dropbox.

Highlighted

Not receiving the email to reset my password

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

From one Day TO another our account at work was shut down. Its impossible TO get in touch with Drop box!! The worst support and helt desk ever!! We have tried a 1000 Times TO reset The password, but we dont receive any reset Email. This is starting TO get very enoying...

Highlighted

Re: Not receiving the email to reset my password

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Linda8600; welcome to the Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with resetting your account's password just like @tambun indah & @Ray 2359 here. 

As mentioned, when you request a password reset, the email comes from no-reply@dropbox.com. If you don't receive this email, it’s possible that the address is blocked. Check to see if the email arrived in your junk/spam folder. If it didn’t, add no-reply@dropbox.com to your address book and then try the reset again.

If you’re not receiving the email, double-check the spelling on the address you use for Dropbox, and try the reset again. Misspellings are one of the most common reasons for unreceived emails.

On a side note, email providers can have a delay in their service. Give the reset email a few hours—it may still arrive, just not right away.

If none of this works, you can contact our support team via an incognito window while NOT logged into any account through the relevant form so we can have a further look into this for you.

I hope this helps!

PS: If you've tried resetting your password only through a specific browser, you can also try another one. 

Walter

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
We have tried everything. And everything that you suggested we TO do. We still cant reset The password.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Linda8600, thanks for posting your question here. 

If you've tried all the troubleshooting that Walter's mentioned, could you contact our support team here via an incognito window (without signing in)?

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil

Highlighted

not getting password reset E-mail link

Explorer | Level 3

Dear Support,

I hope that you all will be fine, 

I am trying to reset my dropbox but I am not getting any reset E-mail, I have added your no-reply@dropbox in my contacts,

Checked the Spam folder and everything but there is no E-mail.

I was getting E-mail for many years but now there is no E-mail.

Please suggest me the solution.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?