Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm not receiving the verification email. What can I do?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I had created another account for my company as new member of the existing Dropbox business account. However i am not able to proceed further as i am not reveiving the account verification email from dropbox. As the email is from my company domain, i had checked my mail gateway and there was no email from dropbox to the said account despite me triggering the re-send email countless time.

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: I'm not receiving the verification email. What can I do?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @ivanjiahao; welcome to the Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with verifying your email address with us. 

If you haven't received this email after a reasonable amount of time, please check your spam folder to ensure that no-reply@dropbox.com is not blocked. You can also add no-reply@dropbox.com to your address book and request another email verification email.

If this doesn't help improve matters, you can use another email address of yours (perhaps from another domain) to verify your email address (and change your email address afterwards). 

In either case, please keep me posted Ivan! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Not receiving verification email

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello, I created a Dropbox account using my Microsoft 365 email address.  No matter what I try, I can't receive the verification email.  I have done the following:

-Checked spam, focused inbox, other inbox, and searched for dropbox emails

-Added no-reply@dropbox.com, reply@dropbox.com, and the dropbox.com domain to the safe sender list on my account

-Added the same above to the Microsoft 365 exchange spam filter in the admin portal

-Confirmed that I'm able to receive emails from other senders (using gmail, yahoo, and outlook.com email addresses)

-Confirmed that other sites are able to send me verification emails (tried Amazon and YouTube).

For whatever reason the Dropbox site is refusing to send the email to my account.  Please help.

Highlighted

Re: Not receiving verification email

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @pcollins, thanks for reaching out to us!

Since you've tried all those steps already, I'd suggest contacting our Support team for further assistance with getting your account verified.

To reach out to our team please open this page via an incognito window, and fill in the "Submit a Help Request" section with the relevant info.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Verification email not being received

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

The verification email for my account is not being received. I tried using a different email address and the verification email came through, but changing it back to the email address I need to use for the account the verification never comes. I also deleted the account and recreated it under the same address, but I still don't receive a verification email.

Highlighted

Re: Verification email not being received

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @bvaccaro, I hope you're well!

I've moved your post here so that I can point you to Walter's post above. Can you try the steps he suggests (apart from changing the email as you've already done this) to see if that does the trick?

If not, I'd suggest reaching out to our Support team with the steps I provided above too.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne

Highlighted

verification email not received

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Folks, 

I had just set up a new email address on our server and immediately tried to set up a new DB user. Turns out the user wasn't fully set up and Dropbox got a 554 5.7.1 recipient address rejected error. The email address is now fully set up and functional. I have tried to resend the verification email again, but it's not even reaching our servers at this point. Help?

Thanks,

Annie

Highlighted

Re: verification email not received

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @vsrp, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

I moved your post here as it seems you're having a similar issue as the OP. When you have the time, please take a look at some of the steps suggested here to see if that does the trick.

If not, I'd suggest to reach out to our Support team for further assistance as outlined here.

Thanks!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?