cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not sure if I deleted my old account or not. Help?

Highlighted

I'm not sure if I deleted my old account or not. Help?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I'm dealing with an issue and I was wondering if anyone could help. I made a dropbox account a while ago on my old yahoo email and I can't remember if I deleted the account or not. However, I deleted my yahoo email due to some hackers and made a Gmail but now I can't access my old dropbox account under my yahoo email. I'm not sure if I deleted the dropbox account as well but I wanted to know is there any way I can find out if I still have an account under that email or not? Dropbox is also very hard to reach I never know how to get a hold of their customer support which makes me not want to upgrade my account at all.

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: I'm not sure if I deleted my old account or not. Help?

Super User II

@sclodina wrote:

... is there any way I can find out if I still have an account under that email or not?

If you remember the password you used, you can try to sign into the account. If it exists, you'll be able to sign in. If you don't remember the password, then I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to access the account even if it still exists as you have no way to reset the password without access to the email address on record.

... I never know how to get a hold of their customer support ...

You can find the support options that are available to you on the Support page. Not all account levels have access to the Support team. Basic accounts are able to use the self help options and post questions here. Paid accounts have more options available to them.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi thank you for responding! I made a new yahoo account with that same exact email just and went back into the Dropbox to reset my password so they can email me the link on my yahoo but I never got the email (and I tried about 5 times). So is it possible that if I never got the email with my same exact yahoo email that was on the account then it might not even exist?
Highlighted

Super User II

@sclodina wrote:
I made a new yahoo account with that same exact email just and ... reset my password ... I never got the email ... it might not even exist?

That's certainly a possibility. The message you receive on-screen when resetting a password states that IF an account exists with that information, you'll receive information on how to reset the password. If you're not receiving an email, then it's either going to your Spam folder or the account no longer exists.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Got it, thank you so much! You've been a huge help!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?