cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not sure which email I signed into Dropbox with and I'm missing some files, any help?

Highlighted

I'm not sure which email I signed into Dropbox with and I'm missing some files, any help?

New member | Level 2

I have been with Dropbox for a while. Recently I started a business DropBox trial account (which I no longer want).
My PC crashed and I lost data including my desktop DropBox. Using a password keeper I went to my previous account but on logging in can only see files I upload to the business dropbox account. I have quite a few audio demo files in my old account but now can't seem to access them. Can you please help.
I can't remember if I originally signed in signed as [email address removed by moderator] or [email address removed by moderator] or used Google or Facebook. Please help me get to my files again.

regards
Mike Trewhella

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: In a muddle with Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hello @MT02MHT, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Since you started a Business trial on your account, the structure is a little different than a personal account. Are the files that you're looking for located in the personal purple folder with your name?

If not, then I can suggest trying to sign in with both of the emails that you mentioned as it's possible that you could have started the trial with a new account.

If you're not sure which password you could have used for the other email address that you mentioned, you can request a password reset from here.

Finally, if you'd like to cancel the Business trial you can follow the steps outlined here.

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Daphne,

Thank you so much for your reply. With your help and advice,  I have managed to sort out the mess.  I have deleted the business trial and everything looks like it's back to normal. You are a star.  x

Mike

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I'm very glad to hear that @MT02!

If there's anything else that I can help with, then please don't hesitate to get back to me here anytime. I'd be happy to help out.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?