cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm on the Plus plan but my storage isn't upgraded. Can you help?

Highlighted

I'm on the Plus plan but my storage isn't upgraded. Can you help?

Explorer | Level 3

I’m on the Dropbox plus monthly subscription still in my 30day trial but still showing on 2gb of storage on my Dropbox. If I try to upgrade it says I’m already upgraded. Have tried logging in and out again, tried on phone & iPad. Any suggestions?

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: I'm on the Plus plan but my storage isn't upgraded. Can you help?

Dropboxer

Hi @Carakinzett; welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your iOS subscription.

Could you try restoring your purchase from your Dropbox app on your Apple device?

In order to do so, please follow the below steps:
1. In your Dropbox app, tap Account (or Personal if you have paired accounts).
2. Tap on the gear icon at the top of your screen to access your settings.
3. Tap on "Restore purchases".

This should activate your last upgrade.

If you can't see "Restore purchase" this means that your app isn't up to date. You will need to update your Dropbox app from the App Store on your device and try again.

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you still can't see your upgrade after this. Thank you! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
I tried this with no luck. I logged onto Dropbox via safari and upgraded again in US dollars, this was successful and now my upgrade is working. However my subscriptions in settings on my iPhone still has the subscription from the App Store... so I’m upgraded twice on the same account?
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Can you please clarify if you're not seeing the additional space on your iPhone, your iPad or via the website when you log into your account via a web browser @Carakinzett?

While we're at it, have you made sure you're running the most updated versions of your devices' OS and our mobile app's as well? 

Also, have you tried restoring your purchases both from your iPad and iPhone? 

Let me know what you find! 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Plus

New member | Level 2
So I paid for Plus but my account has the 2GB cap still. I press the ”upgrade” pay again but it says I have plus already. Stuck with 2GB storage and I cant reach customer support, all I can do is ask here. Any ideas?
Highlighted

Re: Plus

Dropboxer

Hi there @J Lenngren, thanks for reaching out to us here!

It seems you're having a similar issue as the OP described here, can you please check out the info Walter provided above (if you upgraded through the mobile app on an iOS device) and let me know if that helps?

If not, then you can submit a ticket with our Support team from here. You can let me know the ticket number you receive eg. #1234567.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne

Highlighted

Payment for DropBox Plus was made through Apple store

New member | Level 2

Dear Sir/Madam

I subscribed DropBox Plus and automatically renewed and the payment was made on 01/07/2020 through Apple store.

However, it does not affect my DropBox account, and automatically downgraded.  DropBox emails keep asking me to pay for upgrade.

Please could you help me how to contact DropBox staff and/or solve the problem

thank you

Highlighted

Re: Plus

Dropboxer

Hello @Masanori Tomizuka, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

I've just moved your post here so that I can ask you to check out the steps Walter outlined above.

When you have the chance, please try that out and let me know if that does the trick.

Thanks!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?