cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to connect another app and it's asking me for an appkey?

I'm trying to connect another app and it's asking me for an appkey?

Newbieneedshelp
New member | Level 2

Trying to setup my security cameras and an option on here has for a Dropbox account but it’s asking for an appkey and app secret along with a token. Where can I find these?

1 Reply 1

Re: Appkey

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Newbieneedshelp,

😃😆 Is that some kind of joke?! Seems camera software/firmware provider deliver some half of application (if I could say so). "appkey and app secret" are between first things a developer should do when start development of an application that will cooperate with Dropbox. This is very bad development practice.

"along with a token" sound suspicious. Token is used to authorize particular application instance to the Dropbox as a service and makes a link to your account (i.e. gives access there). Usually you don't give token to a particular application directly, but the application ask you through the Dropbox web site to give access (i.e. authorize) it.

Seems you get been asked for "implement" an your own application! In fact to install their application behind face of your own application. If you are interested in get to deep, take a look here. 😉

Good luck and be careful.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?