cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to merge two personal accounts. Can you help?

Highlighted

I'm trying to merge two personal accounts. Can you help?

New member | Level 2

I am trying to merge tow personal accounts but I can't tell whether these are duplicate files or not.

How do I tell if they are linked. I would like to get rid of one as this is costing a fortune.

Pease advise.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Merging two accounts

Super User II

@Mary Ellen R. wrote:

I am trying to merge tow personal accounts ...

There's no way to merge two accounts. The best you can accomplish is to use a shared folder between the two and use it to move the files from one account to the other.

Dropbox has no way to check for duplicate files. You'll need to find another utility for that. There are plenty out there; some free, some paid. Try a Google search and you'll get many results.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II

@Mary Ellen R. wrote:

I am trying to merge tow personal accounts ...

There's no way to merge two accounts. The best you can accomplish is to use a shared folder between the two and use it to move the files from one account to the other.

Dropbox has no way to check for duplicate files. You'll need to find another utility for that. There are plenty out there; some free, some paid. Try a Google search and you'll get many results.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Ok, thank you.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?