cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm unable to access my Dropbox account, my password has been reset & I'd like to ask for a refund.

Highlighted

I'm unable to access my Dropbox account, my password has been reset & I'd like to ask for a refund.

New member | Level 2

No Refund of Fees paid in advance by Dropbox. 

I have been billed in September 2019 for a Dropbox Pro Account of 118 USD. Incidentally, I have been locked out of my own account due to auto password change. My email id registered with dropbox has also got deactivated due to the closure of the business and domain name no longer in our control. I have lost a lot of data stored in that account including legal papers.

My requests to either reset password, change email id or provide me any solution has fallen on deaf ears at dropbox. What I get are just cut-paste replies. In fact, in one of the tickets raised they stopped replying despite several reminders to them. (Ticket #10028178: Re: DB: Account Name and Password)

Finally, when I am exhausted, I requested to close my subscription paid in advance and refund the 118 USD since I am locked out and can't use the account at all. The dropbox team says that the amount is forfeited and my account is also seized. ( Ticket #10028294: Re: DB: Account Name and Password)

Is there no way to get Justice from Dropbox. Do they snoop down to such a level for just 118$? 

Can anyone help? 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Non Refund of Fees

Dropboxer
Hey @Utpal-Parekh, thanks for your patience on this; I'm here to help if I can. 

Generally speaking, if you can’t access the email address you used for your Dropbox account & your password has been reset, your options are limited I'm afraid. 

Having said that, I’ve just sent you a brief message back on the latest ticket you’ve submitted, as I’d need sensitive info to continue this discussion. Please have a look at the inbox connected to your Community profile when you have some spare time & we’ll go from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?