cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using DROPBOX for a COURT CASE as I believe I've been a victim of a malware attack!!!

Highlighted

I'm using DROPBOX for a COURT CASE as I believe I've been a victim of a malware attack!!!

New member | Level 2

Could anyone tell me if there is a way to back up drop box or how secure dropbox is please? Or how I can secure my dropbox if I think someone is already in my dropbox and have my passwords?

Could you tell me if I have high level hackers fighting against me what I could possibly do to thwart their efforts?

All answers gratefully recieved,

Yours sincerely,

Lewis Figes

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: I'm using DROPBOX for a COURT CASE as I believe I've been a victim of a malware attack!!!

Dropboxer

Hi @LUISFIGO84; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about this.

At first, could you let me know more information about why or how you believe were a victim of a malware attack? Do you see any sign of irregular activity within your account's Security page or did you receive an email from us perhaps?

As for your other concerns, I'd suggest taking a look at our dedicated Help center articles: 

To prevent any future unauthorized access to your account, we recommend that you use a strong password for your Dropbox account that is not used for any other website or service while our two-step verification feature could be useful as it adds an extra layer of protection to your account.

Once enabled, Dropbox will require a six-digit security code in addition to your password whenever you sign in. To learn more, please visit the following page:

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any follow up questions, Luis. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: I'm using DROPBOX for a COURT CASE as I believe I've been a victim of a malware attack!!!

New member | Level 2

Hi Walter and thank you.

I should probably point out that I understand a Malware attack to be a malicious link that you click on where hackers can access your microphone and view what it is you're doing on your laptop/pc. I don't fully know that it is malware but I have seen a lot of suspicious goings on, on my laptop and once within my dropbox. I understand that this probably sounds far fetched and that I am some random guy on the internet shouting 'malware attack' but I'm being very serious and I know that something is wrong. The why is a bit difficult to get into on a public forum as I've just been made aware of my naiveity on Reddit which I am now heeding but I am in desperation mode and am willing to take help if it comes my way. I completely understand if you find this questionable as I think I would too if I had read it online. 

I have dropbox on my mobile and I have dropbox on my laptop which I believe are both compromised.

Dropbox: I have been documenting and screenshotting every thing I possibly can every step of the way and the thing I noticed within drop box is that when I completed my first 'security check up' it showed the date of the check up immediately after I completed it. I cannot remember in exactly which order but I came back to my dropbox after doing something else (probably writing an email no doubt) and when I checked the security page there was no date on the 'security check up' everything else seemed the same I believe. 

I have 2 step verification on but if they are monitoring my phone then they must be able to get those codes, right?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?