cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help changing my billing info, the option is unavailable

Highlighted

I need help changing my billing info, the option is unavailable

Explorer | Level 3

I'm a Dropbox pro user, and haven't been able to pay my next bill, but instead wanted to change my plan from a monthly plan to a yearly plan to get rid of the monthly hassle. However, it doesn't allow me the option to change my billing cycle. I have no idea why this is the case, but t's extremely annoying, makes zero sense and is yet another flaw with Dropbox. I've been a Dropbox pro user for YEARS btw. Whatever this error is, it shouldn't exist and I couldn't find any help online, so I figured I'd ask for help here.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated. As you can see by the photo I will provide, linked here: https://imgur.com/download/OB60rAM/

the "change” option is greyed out and I can’t click on it. Like I said there is NO REASON for this to be the case. I should have been able to change my cycle, pay my bill and be DONE with it. And yet here I am.

also I couldn't post images successfully by uploading the image. I had to link it to you. Don't know why that is but whatever. 

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: I need help changing my billing info, the option is unavailable

Super User II

@Robby123 wrote:

Like I said there is NO REASON for this to be the case. I should have been able to change my cycle, pay my bill and be DONE with it.

Did you start your subscription on a mobile device? If so, you need to manage your subscription within the device settings or app store for that device.

also I couldn't post images successfully by uploading the image. I had to link it to you. Don't know why that is but whatever. 

You need to be a certain level before you can post images. It's a spam prevention method, and stops people from registering new accounts just to spam the forums.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your response. I assumed the moderator was angry with me, now I feel pretty silly. Also, no I didn't start my account with the mobile app, but I'm going to try and change my billing on the mobile app. Maybe that will work.

in the meantime, tell me if you can see the image from that link I provided. You should see what I am talking about in regards to my issue. On the browser version of Dropbox it isn't letting me change the cycle, the "change" option is greyed. Super weird issue.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

so I just tried looked into the mobile app version of Dropbox, and it is the worst thing ever. It doesn't give me any options to see any of my account options, no plan, no billing, nothing. Now granted I always hated the mobile app, I use an iPad so I have to have the app to store larger files, but it's layout is terrible.

i should have mentioned this earlier, but yes I am using an iPad.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?