cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with connecting some devices to my account after getting a new phone

Highlighted

I need help with connecting some devices to my account after getting a new phone

Explorer | Level 3

I need some help here.  I bought a new iPhone 11 and I need to get this device into my device list.  I have a Basic plan right now.  How can I get this device linked to my dropbox account?  My new phone is named the same name as my old phone was when it was linked to my account about 5 yrs ago.

Is this possible? 

I also have a new computer that I would need to link to my account.  I plan on throwing out the old computer and I'm hoping that the new computer can just replace the old one on the device list.

Any help?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: New phone - basic plan

Super User II

@special_k_29_29 wrote:

I have a Basic plan right now.  How can I get this device linked to my dropbox account?

Basic plans have a three-device limit. As long as you have three devices currently linked, you won't be able to add another one, same name or not (it's still a different device). If you're already at or above your device limit, you'll need to first remove enough devices to get back down to just two devices on your account, then you'll be able to link another one. You can manage your devices on your Security page.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?