cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with getting a refund as I'm unable to submit a help request. What can I do?

Highlighted

I need help with getting a refund as I'm unable to submit a help request. What can I do?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi I'm trying to request a refund for a plan I recently cancelled. I am a first time user and a student, and I am unsure as to how I was charged with 5 licenses for a one year plan when I only needed dropbox for less than a month. I cancelled the plan and have tried to fill out a Help Request multiple times using non-incognito and incognito mode but there is a notice that always appears saying there is a problem submitting the request. I've also tried being logged out of the account before trying to fill out the form again. 

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: I need help with getting a refund as I'm unable to submit a help request. What can I do?

Dropboxer

Hey @rose-12, thanks for posting on the Dropbox Community!

As a first step, have you tried submitting the request from another browser? 

If you have, could you also try clearing the cache and making sure that you're not running any browser extensions? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know how it goes - thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: I need help with getting a refund as I'm unable to submit a help request. What can I do?

Explorer | Level 3

Yes, I have tried filling out the Help Request form using Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer but I just get the message saying "there was a problem completing this request" when I click submit.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I have tried again using multiple browsers, after cleaning the cache, without extensions, and all other suggestions from the staff but I seem to be getting nowhere.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hmm. Could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the error message?

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Attached are the screenshots of the error message whenever I hit submit. The first screenshot is from my laptop and the second is when I tried filling out the request on mobile.

error.pngScreenshot_20200413-124350_Instagram.jpg

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshots, @rose-12, and apologies for the late reply. I had a look at it from my end and was able to find that a member of my team was able to troubleshooting this with you. 

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. If anything else comes up in the future, please don't hesitate to give me a shout and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?