Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I need phone number to reach a live drop box voice to answer questions.

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

How do I reach a live voice to discuss my account and it's history, the website offers no help. I need a phone number.

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: I need phone number to reach a live drop box voice to answer questions.

Super User II
Super User II

If you are not a Business customer support is via ticket only from www.dropbox.com/support.

Replies will take a few days and you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I also need a live voice or some kind of information to discuss my account and how to deal with items I can not access either on my computer or on your website now that it is no longer available with XP operating system. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I need voice communication and/or information I can not find to deal with how to access files on your website as my computer can no longer access them with my XP Operating System OR YOUR WEBSITE.  I didn't have enough notice/time to download items before you shut it down.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Dropbox emailed people in March this year saying this was happening. Multiple times in fact. 

All they did was stop the desktop application working. 

They've not stopped website working as long as you use an updated browser. Try installing Firefox if needed. If that doesnt work you will need to use a friends machine to get online and download your data that you need. There is no other way of getting XP to work now - its turned off for everybody.

Note that there is categorically 0 phone support unless you have a Business account.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

OK, thanks Mark. But I swear I never received this info in March.  I'll try Firefox. I hold on to XP because I have a landscape designware program which is old. The software developer went out of business and it won't operate on an updated operating system. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?