cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid for my account but not seeing the additional space. Any ideas?

Highlighted

I paid for my account but not seeing the additional space. Any ideas?

Explorer | Level 3

I have paid for my account but it has been turned off. What do i do?

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Payment

Dropboxer

Hi @ellisjones ; welcome to the Dropbox Community!

It seems like you're looking at another account of your and not the upgraded one.

Since you've already paid for you account though you could use our self served look up tool to identify which email address is associated with the charge in question. 

From there, please try logging in using that email address. If you forgot your password for that account, you can try resetting it using the following link: 

I hope this helps and please keep me posted Ellis! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

unresolved issue

Explorer | Level 3

No Walter, as I have already pointed out, the link you suggested did not resolve the issue. Dropbox has taken money from me under false pretences, and is denying me access to important files which are my property.

Highlighted

Re: Payment

Explorer | Level 3

Dear  Walter

Thank you for this. I followed your suggestion and went to the self serve look up tool.

As required, I put in the transaction ID but it failed to register.

Here is the transaction ID: 8WS17563CF564621H

Please advise as to that to do next. This is quite urgent - I feel I have been defrauded.

Thanks

Ellis

Highlighted

Re: unresolved issue

Dropboxer

Hi @ellisjones; how are you today?

Since my initial suggestions didn't help, I'd recommend using an incognito window while NOT logged into any account.

When on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon and please keep me posted on your progress! 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: unresolved issue

New member | Level 2

Thanks - eventually I managed to speak to a person rather than a computer! But this access should be much more readily and easily available, especially to paying customers - those who use Dropbox Plus, for example, and not just for those who pay for a business account. 

Highlighted

I paid 199€ for a yearly Dropbox professional upgrade with a trial and my account went back to basic

New member | Level 2

Hi. on september 2nd I was charged 199€ for a dropbox professional upgrade but my account went back to basic again on september 9th. I can't see which mail i used to pay for it because there's no transaction number on my danish account. It only says "Dropbox" no letters and numbers afterwards. What do i do? I lost 199€ and i only have a dropbox basic right now. 

Highlighted

Re: I paid 199€ for a yearly Dropbox professional upgrade with a trial and my account went back t...

Dropboxer

Hey @Amin Safari, thanks for reaching out to us. 

I moved your post here, where another user was having a similar issue. 

Could you have a look at what is suggested and let us know if you have any trouble along the way?

Keep us posted!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?