cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Plus - Annual (Automatic Renewal) paid on April 9 and still not credited.

I paid for the annual Plus subscription through Apple but my account is on the Basic plan

jwsm20
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

On April 9th i renewed my Dropbox Plus through Apple and I have still not be credited and I have been downgraded to basic/free account.

I have tried to find an email address to contact support or anybody else but there is not one link anywhere on Dropbox.com. All I have found is an endless loop of unhelpful articles. I don't even know where to lodge a support ticket. The only way I was able to have human interaction was to click the chat window for "sales" and then was told that they couldn't help and they took my name and number, said somebody would conatc me and directed back to the support page which has no answers. That was over a month ago and no contact has been made with me. I tried that "sales" chat window again today, and they said exactly the same thing "took my name and number, said somebody would conatc me and directed back to the support page"

I have contacted Apple and they have verified that I paid on April 9th. I have both the receipt from Apple and also an email that they sent me today to verify once again the payment has been made. 

I am now 3 months into my Dropbox Plus 12 months subscription and I am still a basic/free member. 

Now that we here in Australia, are moving out of the COVID crisis and my clients are slowly coming out of hibernation I need my full access back and but more importantly, I need to receive the service that I paid for.

Please can somebody provide me with an email address so I can contact a human being to rectify my subscription issue.

cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @jwsm20; welcome to the Dropbox Community and happy Monday!

As a first step here, could you try to restore your purchase from the Dropbox app on your Apple device?

In order to do so, please follow the below steps:

1. In your Dropbox app, tap Account (or Personal if you have paired accounts).
2. Tap on the gear icon at the top of your screen to access your settings.
3. Tap on "Restore purchases".

This should activate your last upgrade.However, if you can't see "Restore purchase" this means that your app isn't up to date and you'll need to update your Dropbox app from the App Store on your device and try again.

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you still can't see your upgrade after this.

Thanks! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @jwsm20; welcome to the Dropbox Community and happy Monday!

As a first step here, could you try to restore your purchase from the Dropbox app on your Apple device?

This should activate your last upgrade.However, if you can't see "Restore purchase" this means that your app isn't up to date and you'll need to update your Dropbox app from the App Store on your device and try again.

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you still can't see your upgrade after this.

Thanks! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

jwsm20
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Walter,

Thank you ever so much. Your solution worked.

However, why isn't this documented in the support area and if it is, why isn't it easeir to find ? 

But...I do thank you for your help.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear this worked @jwsm20.

Truth is that there are many quick fixes and workarounds offered here on our Community that aren't documented in our Help Center articles as this would probably make them deviate from their original context. 

That said, thanks for the feedback on this and I'll see if there's a way to include this in our Help Center for future reference. 

Let me know if you have any more questions! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tboyistre34
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Im having same issue..but i dont see anything in the setting....please help

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Tboyistre34; thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to ask, but can you please elaborate on the issue you're having and send me a screenshot of where you get stuck so I can advise further?

Thanks! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tboyistre34
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I updated dropbox..amd my avatar still shows basic..but my vault shows plus..how can i send a screen shot

jwsm20
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi @Tboyistre34 

Have you tried to restore your purchase from the Dropbox app on your iphone? This worked for me.

Tboyistre34
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
How would i do this with google play android..restore my purchase..because everytime i try to upgrade it says ive already upgraded and now im at a stand still

jwsm20
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Sorry, I have an iPhone. 

But maybe follow the suggestions below. Apart from that, I don't know how to help.

Hi @jwsm20; welcome to the Dropbox Community and happy Monday!

Need more support?