cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid for the annual Plus subscription through Apple but my account is on the Basic plan

I paid for the annual Plus subscription through Apple but my account is on the Basic plan

jwsm20
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

On April 9th i renewed my Dropbox Plus through Apple and I have still not be credited and I have been downgraded to basic/free account.

I have tried to find an email address to contact support or anybody else but there is not one link anywhere on Dropbox.com. All I have found is an endless loop of unhelpful articles. I don't even know where to lodge a support ticket. The only way I was able to have human interaction was to click the chat window for "sales" and then was told that they couldn't help and they took my name and number, said somebody would conatc me and directed back to the support page which has no answers. That was over a month ago and no contact has been made with me. I tried that "sales" chat window again today, and they said exactly the same thing "took my name and number, said somebody would conatc me and directed back to the support page"

I have contacted Apple and they have verified that I paid on April 9th. I have both the receipt from Apple and also an email that they sent me today to verify once again the payment has been made. 

I am now 3 months into my Dropbox Plus 12 months subscription and I am still a basic/free member. 

Now that we here in Australia, are moving out of the COVID crisis and my clients are slowly coming out of hibernation I need my full access back and but more importantly, I need to receive the service that I paid for.

Please can somebody provide me with an email address so I can contact a human being to rectify my subscription issue.

cheers

16 Replies 16

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Tboyistre34, could you let us know what shows on your Plan page here?

Also, you can attach a screenshot in your reply here with the "Photos" button along the top of the reply box. Otherwise, you can send us a shared link to the screenshot.

Keep us posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Quintav
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I purchased a Plus subscription thru Apple and had not really used it much.  Now I want to move files there and the account says it is basic and I need more space.  It auto-renewed January 6th.  Help!

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Quintav, let's see what we can find on this!

It sounds like it's possible for you to have two Dropbox accounts, one basic one and one linked to Apple. 

Could that be the case? 

Can you check your emails to see if you can find an inbox from Apple stating the email address of the upgraded account? 

Let me know!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Aurora69
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I upgraded to plus today never received upgrade or free trial via the Dropbox app on apple store paid through PayPal don’t have a 12 digit trans number. It seems to be a common issue and has been going on for months or more. 

Don’t offer free trials to previous customers then dupe them into paying £9.99 then to rub salt in the wounds you don’t even give them what they were charged for!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Aurora69, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I moved your post to this thread, as this looks like a similar issue.

Can you please try the steps in the accepted solution by my colleague Walter, to see if they help?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Aurora69
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Transaction ID1KL23417JN9834251

my PayPal transaction ID 

I Still haven’t got the upgrade I have been charged £9.99 restore purchases doesn’t work there’s an error 409 when I do it. 

can someone help 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there, @Aurora69!

I just sent you an email in order for us to look into this together. 

Cheers!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Aurora69 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?