cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I redeemed a promotion for additional space on the wrong account. What can I do?

I redeemed a promotion for additional space on the wrong account. What can I do?

stephylhp
New member | Level 2

I just got a new computer and it said i would get a free year of 32gig space and I was super excited. So excited that I made a typo in the email address.  When I try changing it to my correct one it says that is already taken (by me).  I'm afraid if I just sign out and sign into my correct one I will lose my 32g of free space.

3 Replies 3

Re: I redeemed a promotion for additional space on the wrong account. What can I do?

Rich
Super User II

There's no way to transfer promotional space from one account to another. You can change the email address on the account, as you tried, but you'll need to use an email address that isn't already associated with a Dropbox account. If you need to, sign into the account that has your correct email address and change that to a third email, and that will free up the original email address for you to use on the account with the promotional space.

Promotion attached to non-existent email

Rafael Enrique
New member | Level 2

A few days ago I set up a Dropbox account from my laptop, what I didn't notice was that when setting up an email I mistakenly put one that does not exist, the account was created, but the promotion of 1tb of space for my Asus laptop was It was, because I do not remember the password and I can not change it because that email does not exist, I would like to provide a solution as soon as possible

dat: nonexistent email

image.jpg

Re: Promotion attached to non-existent email

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @Rafael Enrique, thanks for posting your question on the Dropbox Community. 

I moved your post here, where another user had a similar concern. 

Have a look at what Rich mentions, and let us know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    Rafael Enrique New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?