cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I redeemed a promotion for additional space on the wrong account. What can I do?

Highlighted

I redeemed a promotion for additional space on the wrong account. What can I do?

New member | Level 2

I just got a new computer and it said i would get a free year of 32gig space and I was super excited. So excited that I made a typo in the email address.  When I try changing it to my correct one it says that is already taken (by me).  I'm afraid if I just sign out and sign into my correct one I will lose my 32g of free space.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I redeemed a promotion for additional space on the wrong account. What can I do?

Super User II

There's no way to transfer promotional space from one account to another. You can change the email address on the account, as you tried, but you'll need to use an email address that isn't already associated with a Dropbox account. If you need to, sign into the account that has your correct email address and change that to a third email, and that will free up the original email address for you to use on the account with the promotional space.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?