Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I signed in with Google but I only want to sign in with my account

Explorer | Level 3

My dropbox account was originally created on my Win10 laptop years ago, not using google account. Today, when I used my browser to see dropbox.com, I was confronted with a sign in choice using my google account.  I was curious so I tried the google and to my horror, got in!

I do not trust having two ways and two different passwords to sign in to any one account. Statistically that doubles the chances for a successful hack.

I wish to disable the google sign in. I use google for sign in to several other apps. I want to sign in my dropbox using my dropbox account only. It uses a password that is not used for any other account or app.

This issue is extremely important to me. Please help.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Deny Google Sign In, Use Dropbox Account Only

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @sjf, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community about this!

Out of curiosity, could you check the email address associated with the account that you signed in with by going to your General tab?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Yes, both the dropbox account and the google account are associated with the same email address. That is why I can access the dropbox account with google, BUT using a different password. Not a good situation in my opinion.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply, @sjf

I've sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile so as to have more in-depth look on this.

When you get the chance, check your inbox and we'll go from there. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?