cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I signed up and am getting billed for the professional plan, but my account remains on basic.

I signed up and am getting billed for the professional plan, but my account remains on basic.

SkyB
Explorer | Level 3

Ok, so I'm pretty frustrated. I signed up recently and am getting billed -I did check my bank statement to confirm- for the Dropbox Professional Plan. Everything seemed to be fine, but I logged in tonight and discovered the account is back to the basic, and all my backed up files are gone. 

Years ago, in like 2013, I think I signed up for the basic subscription, but wanted to use this service again but with the upgrade. So about 5 days ago I signed up for the upgrage, and it seemed to be fine, but it now seems the entire account, including the contents and files, have reverted back to what it was like in 2013. 

I've desperately tried to figure out a way to contact a customer support to resolve this, but the only way is to have a paid plan which I have and am getting billed for but since my account is not having those priveldges applied I dont have acces to that number. The irony.

I don't know how else to contact them to have this resolved other than posting here. Is there any number or way to contact them to have this resolved? If not, I will have to go to the bank have them stop the charges on their end, becasue I'm not sure what else to do. 

3 Replies 3

Re: I signed up and am getting billed for the professional plan, but my account remains on basic.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello there @SkyB, I'd be happy to help out with this!

Can you clarify for me, did you upgrade through the Dropbox website, or through the Dropbox app/app store on a mobile device?

If you'd like to reach out directly to the Support team too, you can do so by filling in the relevant info on this page.

Let me know and we can take it from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: I signed up and am getting billed for the professional plan, but my account remains on basic.

SkyB
Explorer | Level 3

Hi I signed up/upgraded through the website. I do not have the app. 

SkyB
Explorer | Level 3

I followed your advice and submitted a ticket through the billing support as well. 

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?